Lauren Milechin is Technical Staff at MIT Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences. Her interests and projects involve big data, database technology, machine learning, and applications of these topics to other fields. Lauren also facilitates researchers on the MIT SuperCloud supercomputing system and runs the training and education for the system. Previously, Lauren worked as Associate Technical Staff at the Lincoln Laboratory Supercomputing Center.
Lauren received an MS degree in industrial mathematics from the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, focusing in computer science applications, such as machine learning and algorithms. She holds a BS degree in mathematical sciences from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, where she explored mathematical modeling of disease and of population dynamics.
- US-RSE Training and Education Working Group
- Scaling HPC Educcation and Training Special Session organizer at IEEE HPEC
- IEEE HPEC Technical Committee
- HPC Day Organizing Committee
- Research Software Engineers in HPC workshop Program Committee
Presentations and Events
- Presentation: Building Experience and Confidence in HPC Practitioners through the Project-Based, Hands-On Practical HPC Course (PEARC 2022)
- BoF: Interactive Games for HPC Education and Outreach (PEARC 2022)
I grew up taking ballet classes. I started dancing again as an adult in 2016 and attend class whenever I can! I also enjoy sewing, knitting, and cooking.